Niran specialises in:
He has consistently been recognised in the legal directories as a Leading Junior in Employment Law. Chambers and Partners 2012 states that he is "very quick at getting to the crux of a case", “extremely good at calming clients in difficult and stressful situations" and "intellectually excellent". The directories also describe Niran as being “very bright”, “clear and concise” and “tenacious”.
Cases in 2012 include:
- Wirral County Council v British Telecommunications plc. Successfully acted for respondent in multimillion pound commercial arbitration
- Allen v Hounga. Instructed as junior counsel (leading counsel David Reade QC) in an appeal to the Supreme Court against judgment of the Court of Appeal ( EWCA Civ 609) on illegality as a defence to discrimination claims
- Ajar-Tec v Stack  EWCA Civ 543. Appeared in the Court of Appeal in an appeal concerning the alleged employment status of a company director and shareholder.
- Brennan v Sunderland & Others  ICR 1183. Successfully appeared as junior counsel (leading counsel Antony White QC) in the Employment Appeal Tribunal in a claim for contribution under the Civil Liability (Contribution) Act 1978.
- R v Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations (ex parte A-Mark). Successfully appeared for examination boards in judicial review application by examination centre.